Philadelphia High Speed Car Accident Lawyer
According to the Government (NHTSA) there were over 35,000 deaths from car crashes in the year 2015. Of those deaths, over 50 percent noted high rate of speed as a factor. Speeding while behind the wheel lessens your reaction time. Add Distracted Driving to the equation makes an accident likely. Simply put, speeding kills and if you have a loved one that was seriously injured or killed by a person who was speeding; you should seek counsel as to what you should do. At the law offices of Greg Prosmushkin, PC, we see speeding accidents very frequently. The effect on the family of a loved one killed due to a speed related incident is devastating. If you suffered a loss, call our office for a free consultation. We have the resources and experience to assist you in obtaining redress for the damages caused by this conduct.
In some instances, the cause of the crash is due to racing. This is a common problem throughout the United States. Racing is illegal and should be prosecuted. Speeding, unless there is a speed detector reading can be difficult to prove if you hire an inexperienced attorney. Here are some common issues when you suspect that your loved one or friend was injured or killed by a speeding driver:
- Make sure that the police are called in order to determine the speed of the at fault driver.
- Make sure that you hire a lawyer who can visit the scene with an expert in order to collect as much circumstantial evidence as proof of speeding
- Circumstantial evidence includes, measuring the amount of crush on the vehicles
- Measuring skid marks (so long as you get to the scene quickly)
- The placement of debris on the roadway
- A survey of the surrounding area (within 50 feet) to see if there may have been cameras which could have captured the incident as it happened.
- A survey of the surrounding area for witnesses who may be able to provide further information such visual confirmation or perhaps tell you that they heard screeching for a period of time (undoubtedly the amount of time would be seconds)
High Speed Car Accident Philadelphia Lawyer
Having the right type of expert to establish that defendant was traveling at a high rate of speed is an important step in proving the existence of speeding.
Witnesses need to be vetted properly which is another reason why you need an experienced lawyer to investigate your claim. Many people claim to see a crash when in reality, they only hear the sound, then look and see the crash, after the crash occurred. Good investigation can lead to good evidence. Poor investigation leads to bad evidence which can have a very damaging effect on your claim. Since your claim is so important, choosing a lawyer should hold the same priority. At the law offices of Greg Prosmushkin, PC, our attorneys and staff can act immediately when disaster hits you or a loved one. We take action where others do not. If you have a question, want to know if you have a case or wish to run a set of facts by our trained legal team, then please contact us for a free consultation and remember, if you do not recover money, you are never charged a fee. It’s that simple.
This content was written on behalf of Greg Prosmushkin.